Golf at Castlemartyr
Set in an old manor estate in East Cork, The Castlemartyr Golf Resort is an 18 hole, 6,728 yd, Par 72, inland links style course.
It is the creation of renowned golf course designer Ron Kirby, whose credentials were honed on such Irish masterpieces as the Old Head, and Mount Juliet, as well as Gleneagles in Scotland. In Castlemartyr Mr. Kirby has developed an inland links style course that creates a visually pleasing yet testing experience. The course is designed to be challenging and pleasurable for players of any calibre. Castlemartyr Golf Club provides first class service across all aspects of the golf spectrum, from the course, to the Club House and Pro Shop.
Golfers will certainly enjoy the setting of this golf hotel. At the Castlemartyr Golf Course we welcome pay and play guests, residential golf guests and societies.
We can arrange private golf tuition with our PGA qualified professional / the tuition takes place on the course.
Castlemartyr Golf course is not the only option for guests looking for golf breaks. There are many other local courses offering world-class golfing within stunning countryside and coastal locations – All within easy reach of the hotel.
- The Golf Course Opening times: Dawn to Dusk.
- Open daily subject to weather.
- Please note the course is closed on Christmas Day.
- Chipping area and Putting green
- Practice nets
- Buggy hire – April to September only
- Latest club rentals
- Professional shop; Fully stocked with all the current fashion including Castlemartyr Golf Club crested garments.
- Single and group tuition clinics and sporting advice is available through our resident Club Professional Alan Gleeson.
Club Dress Code
Players are expected to wear an acceptable standard of golfing attire when playing golf at Castlemartyr Links Golf Club. The following examples are not permitted:
- Denim Jeans and Jackets
- Sleeveless or Collarless Shirts (Ladies can wear sleeveless t-shirts with collars)
- Untailored Shorts and Cargo Shorts
- Sweaters without Shirts
- Football Shirts/Jerseys
- Garments displaying slogans
- Track or Leisure Suits
- Trainer Shoes or Runners
- Shirts hanging loose over trousers or shorts and trouser legs tucked into socks
- Metal Spikes are not permitted.
In the Club House golf shoes are not permitted, and we ask that you do not wear head gear. Dress should be smart to casual.