Answering Your COVID-19 FAQs
Latest updates as per 30/8/2021
- Please note that in line with the latest Government Guidelines, we are delighted to welcome travellers back to Castlemartyr Resort. Please see the latest updates re. international travelers below.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us on 021 421 9000, or at email@example.com should you need any more information.
- The latest Government Guidelines are available to view at https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/7894b-post-cabinet-statement-resilience-and-recovery-the-path-ahead/
Answering your COVID-19 FAQs.
What does this mean for my booking/upcoming stay? For the latest details on your upcoming stay, or to review, amend, or cancel your booking, follow these steps.
Please note, these cancellation terms apply to governmental ‘lockdown’ situations only, with our standard terms & conditions applying at all other times.
- If you booked through a third party, i.e. Booking.com please contact them directly online to review, amend or cancel your reservation.
- If you made your reservation through the Castlemartyr Resort website, please amend your booking online. To do this, open your confirmation email from us, then click on the tab at the top that reads “amend booking”, please use this option to amend your reservation.
- If you made your reservation directly with the hotel, please contact us on 021 421 9000, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I lose my deposit on an existing booking?
You will not lose your deposit/existing payment on any bookings. Our team have a number of options available and will be happy to discuss rescheduling your stay to a later date. For more information, please email our team at email@example.com. Please see above re. Self-Catering stays.
Can I still access and walk the Castlemartyr Resort grounds?
We are delighted to say that our grounds are fully open to the public.
What does this mean for my Spa booking?
Can I still purchase a Castlemartyr Resort Voucher?
You can indeed. All vouchers are valid for 5 years so there is plenty of time for them to plan that perfect getaway. To browse our voucher selection click here. Vouchers can be emailed, or posted in a Castlemartyr Resort gift box, to the purchaser or recipient.
Can I extend a voucher that is going to expire soon?
We are certainly happy to work with guests who would like to extend their vouchers, however, please note that this is done on a case by case basis and may not be possible for vouchers that have already expired. For more information on extending your voucher, please call 021 421 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that for now, the information below is only relevant to essential and non-tourism related visitors. These steps are part of our overall ‘Rest Assured’ policy.
Guests from Ireland
Please note that in line with the latest Government Guidelines, we are delighted to welcome all domestic travelers back to Castlemartyr Resort. The latest Government Guidelines are available to view at https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/7894b-post-cabinet-statement-resilience-and-recovery-the-path-ahead/
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming stay, or believe that you cannot travel due to any restrictions in place, please feel free to contact our team on +353 21 421 9000 or at email@example.com.
Guests from Overseas
Castlemartyr Resort continues to adhere to the latest Irish Government Guidelines. Please ensure you read the latest guidelines and ensure you adhere to them, before making your trip to Castlemartyr Resort https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/
Please note that as per the latest IHF Guidelines we do not have facilities in place to cater for quarantining or visitors travelling from countries not on the ‘green list’ and that unfortunately, we cannot accept these bookings until Irish Government travel advice changes. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
Before Your Stay
- Please note that in accordance with the latest government guidelines all guests are now required to wear face coverings in all public areas for the duration of their stay.
- To ensure your stay goes as smoothly as possible, and to avoid any unnecessary contact, the card used at the time of your booking will be used to cover any other transactions (dining, beverages, etc.) for the duration of your stay.
- We ask that all guests please arrive no earlier than their check-in time.
- We aim to reduce contact during the check-in process, with guests asked to respect our social distancing and queueing layout.
- Please note that in line with the latest guidelines, your contact details will be retained for 4 weeks for contact tracing purposes and will only be used for this purpose in line with GDPR.
- To avoid the need to check out at the reception counter, we will present you with your bill prior to departure.
- We have facilities in place for an Express Checkout with no contact required.
- We will have hand sanitization stations as well as wipes for your luggage available at each entrance, with hand sanitization stations located at strategic points around the hotel
- All hotel key cards will be disinfected after each stay
- Appropriate signage will be in place throughout the lobby and hotel’s public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and hand washing, face covering, coughing and respiratory etiquette.
- Please note that hotel doorways will be left open where possible to minimize contact, and elevator use will be limited where possible
- Your hotel room will be serviced and turned down daily. In the event that you do not wish to have your room serviced, please hang your ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign outside your door.
- The Castlemartyr Resort team have undergone thorough and extensive training in the best practices in cleaning and preparing our guest bedrooms, focusing on all touchpoints and high traffic areas. Each member of our housekeeping team is receiving an individual document that breaks down all actions to be taken before and after a guest stays with us.
- All remotes will be sanitized between stays and an additional sanitization wipe left in-room.
- Please note there is a full guest directory with latest updates available on your in-room Smart TV.
- Please note that all restaurants, bars and dining areas are open to residents only, with the only current exception our Afternoon Tea.
- Please note that certain outdoor outlets operate seasonal timing and may have to update their opening hours to reflect inclement weather conditions.
- Please note that last drinks are served at 11pm and the Knight’s Bar and resident’s lounge must be clear of all patrons by 11:30pm.
- Every effort will be made to ensure your dining experience will be of the same high standards you have come to expect.
- We ask that all meals in the Bell Tower restaurant are prebooked in advance to aid with social distancing, and to provide you with the best possible dining experience.
- Tables in our dining outlets will be strategically placed to encourage social distancing and allow for a relaxed dining experience
- Tableware, including all used and unused wares, condiments, placemats and linens will be removed and disinfected after each group has left. Tabletops and chair arms will also be disinfected after each seating.
- All menus provided will be, single-use, printed on recycled paper, and are available to view by QR code on your smart device.
The Castlemartyr Resort Team
- Castlemartyr Resort have created a Sanitation Team, specifically to review and implement our Rest Assured Policy.
- All HSE Recommendations and Failte Ireland Guidelines regarding safe workplace management and best practices are in effect and reviewed daily.
- The Castlemartyr Resort team is being split into teams, each team being assigned its own colour and independent area of the Resort. This step is being taken to encourage social distancing within the team, and to ensure the best possible level of service.
- Each member of the Castlemartyr Resort team will have their own hand sanitisation and cleaning hygiene products, with regular team hand sanitisation carried out, as well as when clocking in and out.
- Each member of the Castlemartyr Resort team will also have their temperature checked at the beginning of their work day.
- Each member of the Castlemartyr Resort team will be wearing all appropriate PPE.
The Health Club & Pool
- We have extended the family pool times from 10-6pm each day to ensure all guests have access during their stay.
- To aid with social distancing guests are asked to book a pool slot with our Health Club reception team up to a week before, or on arrival, with the same procedure in place for those that would like to use the gym facilities.
- Please note, these swimming slots are 45 minutes long with only one session per day, per family to allow for as many families to enjoy the facilities as possible.
- Access to the Health Club changing facilities and showers are open
- Access to the Sauna, Steam Room and Jacuzzi is open, with limited capacity in place to allow for adequate social distancing.